Skip to main content

G2H Physics

EACOED Model High School, Isokun, was and is still one of the best schools in Oyo town. Among the best in Oyo State. I am not writing this because I'm an alumnus but because it's the truth. Conducive environment, qualified and certified teachers, brilliant students, well equipped laboratories, well stocked library, amazing hostel facilities (albeit debatable) and lots more. This is not an advertisement for the school, so let me just get on with my story. This one is about Mr. Adenigba, my physics teacher, and the last time I cried in secondary school. This story is about the moment I shut my brain to physics. Senior Secondary School 1 (SS 1), first term. The incident occurred in the morning and it should be first or second period, can't recall exactly when. He walked in the class and announced the topic of the day was "motion". "He" being Mr. Adenigba (Also Pastor Adenigba). For those people who understand a little bit about machines, you'd know there's this thing called "rotor". You attach the rotor to a battery and it goes round and round. Circulatory motion. Perfect example for the topic we were discussing. And I expected a "teacher" to fall in love with my ingenuity. I brought the rotor out and displayed it on the table. The events that followed were shocking, and it still baffles me. "Àjàgbé! What is this?" He screamed "Rotor" I calmly replied. Like a raging tsunami with no warning, he descended on me with canes. In a flurry of movement, hitting me where ever the cane connected. I blocked the downpour as much as I could with my hands but many a blow connected. At this point, I have not dropped a tear. Strong boy you know. He left my class and returned in less than a minute. He was holding a wire. A service wire. You'd think he was the devil. The expression on his face was devilish. "Did he have a fight with his wife this morning" I thought. He swept me off my feet, but not in a good way. The wire descended at amazing speed and connected with my bare skin. At that moment I vowed never to listen in physics class ever again but I understood the power of gravity. I was on the floor in no time and the wire connected tremendously. After what seemed like a lifetime, he got tired and left the class. I still haven't cried! Then I think Bello Sekinat, Olajide Francisca or Aleem Azeezat said "sorry". Like opening the floodgates of a dam, the tears flowed. I cried for quite a while and stopped. That was the last time a teacher had the better of me. Pastor Adenigba, I wish you the very best in life sir. You thought you were doing the right thing, but I didn't buy it. Ridwan Akinkunmi Àjàgbé Model High School Chronicles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FIREFLY 2.0

If you're reading this then it's too late to stop me. Reading this means my last posts has gone viral. Some will judge me and call me dangerous and a criminal. Others might say I need a psychiatrist. Others might just say I'm a gratified arsonist. Whichever one you choose to believe, you can't hurt me anymore. It has been a while that I have been feeling high on fire and burning things. Burning things always had a way of soothing my mind and easing my pains. And I have to tell you, it had that effect almost till the end. If you're reading this, then it means my last stunt was successful. It means that I found the ultimate "high" and I stopped lighting things on fire. From rats to cats, from individual to plants to small farms. I have a long list of things I've watched burn. Things that turned to ashes before my eyes. I got the idea for my last stunt from a video I watched online. YouTube have a vast collection of burning things, from little prank fir

Omolola

Omolola mi Because of you, I can trek from Awe all the way to Sabo From the jungles of Akinmoorin to the slums of Isale-Oyo, Even if you want, I can forsake my beloved fufu for noodles. The love I have for you is more than be careful. Although my eyes are pushing me I will bravely face any member of your clan The seed of love you planted in my heart has turned to a great tree of affection Even the giant Iroko will be dwarfed.

M.A.R.Y.A.M

My morning dew, exuding a serene atmosphere of calm.. Alluring, amazing, awesome... my golden tiara... Running through my mind, heart, but never so far... Young, beautiful with manners, my beacon in this sea, my quay.... Anchoring to this plane of existence, my mana... My bouy in this sea of mayhem